Re: How to trigger rall. in articulate.ly

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How to trigger rall. in articulate.ly
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:50:59 +0100

On 14.02.2016 16:47, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sun, 2016-02-14 at 13:15 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
Richard Shann <address@hidden> writes:

The articulate.ly script appears to support rallentando but I can't
figure out how to trigger it. In LilyPond AFAIK rall. is expressed as
text in a text spanner, there's no dedicated event type (if I'm using
the right sort of terminology here ...)
And that's how articulate appears to be doing it:

        ((TextScriptEvent)
         (let ((t (ly:music-property e 'text)))
          (if (not (string? t))
           (loop factor (cons e newelements) tail actions)
           (begin
            (cond
             ((or
               (string= t "rall")
[...]
Should it rather (or additionally) heed \tempo "rall" ?  Probably.
Thank you - I should have seen this passage but, somehow, didn't. Some
experimenting (working back from TextScriptEvent mentioned there) and I
have got it to work - it requires some input like ^"rall." without any
preceding \italic or \mark or ..., in other words, very sensitive to the
exact syntax.

Didn’t Harm recently much improve the markup->string procedure, so it could be used here?

Best, Simon