Re: [Correction] Is there a bug in the way Lilypond handles SLURS?

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: [Correction] Is there a bug in the way Lilypond handles SLURS?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:09:14 +0100

Hi Devin,

Lilypond's syntax deviates from other programming languages in a subtle but significant way: certain characters -- namely brackets -- do not need to be explicitly nested inside one another. Rather, they occur at the points where their corresponding graphical object begins and ends. See here: http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/on-the-un_002dnestedness-of-brackets-and-ties

(just saw that Urs replied. Here's hoping I'm not redundant!)