Re: Very fast typesetting regardless of beauty?

From: Isaac Reilly
Subject: Re: Very fast typesetting regardless of beauty?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:21:21 -0500

Thank you, Nathan, Brian, Simon, and Urs!
After consideration, I decided to make my own simple renderer for the real-time display. This way, I can be totally sure of the spacing, and I can support another feature, simultaneous highlighting of overlapping areas in different colors.
Thanks,
Isaac

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:28 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 04.02.2016 um 11:20 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> On 04.02.2016 02:51, Isaac Reilly wrote:
>> And since it will always be rendering to a single page wide enough to
>> hold it all on one line, I'd like to turn off the line break
>> calculations.
>
> At least there are the ly:one-line-breaking and
> ly:one-line-auto-height-breaking (only from 2.19.36) algorithms for that.
>
> Best, Simon

There are also appraoches (and plans) to improve partial
(re-)compilation, such as recompiling just a system and "stitching" that
in the previewing widget. But I'm not sure they'll substantially lead
you anywhere with your use case.

Urs