Re: variables in \book { }

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: variables in \book { }
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:58:36 +0100

Graham King <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks Ben,
> that will be useful once I've found a solution to the immediate problem:
> defining and using a variable within \book{} or \bookpart{} or
> \book[part]{ \score { }}
>
>         \version "2.19.35"
>         \book {
>           music = \relative { c' d e f }
>           \score {
>             \music
>           }
>         }

Shrug.  As I stated already, there is no book-local scope where such
variables could be defined.  So there is no solution to what you
identify as your problem.

> (In case you were suggesting that I use \bookpart{} within
> book-titling.ily, I've tried that too and it throws a lot of
> "unrecognised string" errors.)

The problem with the repeated use of "I've tried that" is that nobody
can really guess just _what_ exactly you have tried with what error
messages as the result.  And nobody can try reproducing or debugging or
diagnosing the problem since there is no code to work with.

--
David Kastrup