Re: moving slur attachment points globally

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: moving slur attachment points globally
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:32:46 +0100

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
>> it is hard to guess which cases you are trying to cover or not.
>
> Essentially all of them (this is for a stylesheet, which intends to
> mimic an existing publishing house style). Which is why including any
> arbitrary example(s) in my original post made — and still makes — no
> sense to me.
>
> But here goes:
>
>     \score { { c'4( e' g'2) } }
>
> As I said in the original post, I would like the slur to start at the
> “4:30” position of the c’, and end at the “7:30” position of the
> g’.

Why?  Without answering that question it is not clear whether any future
changes in the slur code might thwart the intention or not.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Shrug.  I don't see that my answer would not have applied here.

    \score { { <c'(>4 e' <g')>2 } }

looks like described.  Not optimally so, admittedly.  This code is
obviously slated for improvement, but unless we get to know the
_rationale_ for your desire, it's not possible to tell whether such
improvements will run counter to it.

--
David Kastrup