Re: tweaking accidental padding within KeySignature

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: tweaking accidental padding within KeySignature
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:59:39 +0100

Hi Pierre,

> Did I misunderstand the question?

No, this is great. Thanks.

That being said…

1. Where is ‘padding’ listed in <http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/keysignature> or in any of the interfaces referenced on that page? I can’t find it.

Here: http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/key_002dsignature_002dinterface

2. Even if I could find it, the term “padding” as it applies to a [complete] grob would make me think that KeySignature.padding applied space around a KeySignature. I was looking for something like KeySignature.accidental-padding or KeySignature.internal-padding etc. (n.b. I found “padding-pairs” in one of the interfaces, but couldn’t figure out how it worked from the sparse documentation, so gave up.) Am I the only one who thinks the parameter ‘padding’, as implemented here, is misleading?

AFAIK, I found the 'padding description pretty clear (even though, as you point it out, not intuitive).

Cheers,
Pierre