Re: Cross-staff phrase marks

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Cross-staff phrase marks
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 11:43:50 -0600

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Simon,

>> chaining, [composite] slurs
> There’s no such thing, and it sounds like a nightmare ;-)

Oh, I agree it would be a nightmare…

But “there’s no such thing” just isn’t true: the snippet below shows how to get two separate slurs covering the same set of notes, and from there, making a “composite slur” would be just a matter of [lots and lots of painful, trial-and-error, and almost certainly fragile] shaping work.

I remember a snippet written by Mike Solomon which created "contemporary vibrato" indications by chaining together curves.  It is no longer in the LSR.  It was removed, I believe, during the LSR update to 2.14.

David