Re: glissando without start note?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: glissando without start note?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:22:10 +0000

Have you tried to adapt the snippet in the documentation?

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-as-lines.html#glissando

Search the repeatGliss function

Il 2016-02-16 13:09 BB ha scritto:
With stringed instruments a playing technique (mainly in Rock, Pop,
Blues, Jazz) to get some acoustic effect is to slide up a string to a
defined fret without a real starting fret. I tried a noatation:

% 1st trial

{e'4

 r4

\glissando e'''2 |

}

% glissando does not work

For optical reasons I tried to make the rest to a starting point of
the glissando - does not work?

% 2nd trial

{e'4

 r4

\once \hide NoteHead

\once \hide Stem

\grace g'

\glissando e'''2 |

}

% \grace to avoid bar time length problem !

 That works but it is optical not stisfacting, I would say it is ugly.

% 3rd trial

%{

{e'4

\once \hide NoteHead

\once \hide Stem

< r4 \grace g'>

\glissando e'''2

}

%}
 That would come close to my intention, but does not work either.

 Is there any nice solution?