How do I adjust organ pedal marks vertically?

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: How do I adjust organ pedal marks vertically?
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 10:50:10 -0500

I am engraving the final movement of Mendelssohn’s Organ Sonata 6. This movement contains many slurs.

To make some slurs look decent, I must adjust them manually.

When I adjust a slur manually in the pedal part, I would also like to adjust the pedal mark.

See the example below where I have manually adjusted a slur.

In the second measure, Lilypond positions the \rheel mark on the second eighth note below the slur. What command do I use to move the \rheel mark upward vertically?

I assume that I could also the same command to lower a pedal mark vertically.

I tried to find an answer by using Google with the obvious search strings, but my searches did not retrieve any helpful results.

If this information is in the documentation, would someone please point me to the location?

Thanks.

Joe Srednicki

\version "2.19.35"

\language "english"

{

  \time 6/8 \clef bass

  a4.~\ltoe a4 \shape #'((-1 . 1.5) (0 . 1.5) (0 . 1.5) (0 . -0.5)) Slur a,8\ltoe

  (d8\rtoe e\rheel fs\rtoe g4.\rtoe) |

  g,8\ltoe (a,\lheel b,\ltoe)  b4. |