Re: Text Spanner problem at break

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Re: Text Spanner problem at break
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 15:16:33 +0100

Hello Ham,

Thanks for this solution!

I was totally unaware of TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text, and left-broken itself is not much documented it turns out.

Maybe it’s worth more advertisement?

JM

Le 20 févr. 2016 à 14:57, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hello folks,

I’m trying to achieve the following, with « ritardando » split on two bars (Louis Spohr, Concerto #1 for Clarinet):

<TextSpanProblem.png>

The trouble is that « ritar » is duplicated and shows up again at the beginning of the new system.

Simplified test :

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>

Removing the break avoids the problem, but I find it handy to keep the same breaks as the original until the score is cross-checked.

The code is below.

Thanks for your help!

JM

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.33"

\header {
  title = "Clarinet concerto #1"
  composer = "Louis Spohr"
  instrument = "Bassoon I"
}

Bassoon_I_Rondo = \relative c' {
  \clef "bass"

  \key ees \major
  \time 2/4
  \tempo "Rondo Vivace"

  \partial 8*1
  r8 ^"Solo" |

  e4

  <<
    \new CueVoice {
      \set instrumentCueName = "Clar."
      \cueClef "tenor"
      \stemUp
      b16 [ d f a ] |
      g4 b,16 [ d f aes ] |
      g4 d16 [ f aes ces ] |
      bes4
      \stemNeutral
      c!16 ^\markup{\smaller "Flauto"} [ bes g ees ] |
    }

    {
      r4 |
      \break |
      \tweak staff-position #-2 R2 |
      \tweak staff-position #-2 R2 |
      \tweak staff-position #-2 R2
    }

    {
      \textSpannerDown
      \once\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = "ritar"
      \once\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.text = "dando"
      s4 \startTextSpan |
      s2 |
      s2  |
      s4