horicontally shift of polyrhythmic staves

From: Jonathan Scholbach
Subject: horicontally shift of polyrhythmic staves
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 23:07:32 +0100

Hi,

I would like to set the following scenario:

In a polyrhythmic piece with multiple staves one staff starts a quarter note later than the others. I need to horizontally shift this stave for the "duration" of a quarter note. How can I do that?

To illustrate what I want I post the following ME, which shows a (dissatifactory) workaround, where the rhythmical structure is represented correctly. However this is dissatisfatroy, because I do not to want  cheat with \set Timing.measureLength. And I want the bracket of the later starting staff (the third one in my ME) to be shifted to the right, because I think it represents the composer's musical idea better.

Thank you,

Jonathan

\version "2.19.22"

firstVoice= \relative c'' {

\time 2/4

g2

\time 4/4

g4. b8 b4 g4

\time 1/4

c\bar"|."

}

secondVoice= \relative c' {

\time 2/4

c4 c

\time 4/4

g'4 g f e

\time 1/4

c\bar"|."

}

thirdVoice= \relative c' {

\time 3/4 s4

\set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 4/4) e4 e e

\set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 3/4)

e2.\bar"|."

}

\score {

\new StaffGroup <<

\new StaffGroup<<

\new Staff <<

\new Voice = "first" { \firstVoice}

\new Staff <<

\new Voice = "second" { \secondVoice}

>>%end of first inner StaffGroup

\new StaffGroup <<

\new Staff <<

\new Voice = "third" { \thirdVoice}

>> % end of second inner StaffGroup

>>%end of outer StaffGroup

%layout settings needed for drawing barlines correctly

\layout {

\context {

\Score

\remove "Timing_translator"