Re: Music function for arrow directions in arpeggios

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Music function for arrow directions in arpeggios
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:14:56 -0700

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 23.02.2016 um 15:52 schrieb Caio Giovaneti de Barros:
I'm trying to write a function to make easier for me to change arrow
directions in arpeggios.

I would prefer an event function with a tweak:

\version "2.19.36"

arpeggioUp = \tweak arpeggio-direction #UP \arpeggio

\relative c' { <c c' e>\arpeggioUp }

I like this a lot and I feel like I've seen this exact discussion before, but it didn't result in any core changes.

Dev Team,

Any reason \arpeggioArrowUp and \arpeggioArrowDown can't be defined this way from the beginning? Is there a use-case where the "\arpeggioArrowUp <c c' e> \arpeggio" way is necessary?

Best,
Abraham