Re: Storing a bookpart in a variable

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Storing a bookpart in a variable
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:41:29 +1100

On 25 February 2016 at 19:08, Jacques Menu Muzhic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Vaughan,
>
> Not sure to understand your need: would tags help in that case?
>
> JM
>
>> Le 25 févr. 2016 à 00:48, Vaughan McAlley <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I’d like to be able to specify at the top of my main score which
>> movements are printed. I can store a \bookpart in a variable, but I
>> can’t seem to return it from a scheme expression. Is there a bookpart
>> equivalent to define-music-function that I haven’t found?
>>
>> Vaughan

No, a tag expects music rather than a \bookpart. The purpose is with a
multi-movement work, to be easily able to change which movements are
printed by changing the variable at the top of the main file. For
example, if I’m working on the second movement, I don’t need the first
movement to be compiled. It’s easy enough to get any given score to
contain the music you want or {} with define-music-function, but there
are still headers and pagebreaks on the empty scores, which I don’t
want. So I want to ‘elevate’ the decision to the level of \bookpart.

Vaughan