Re: How to join notes in markup?

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: How to join notes in markup?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:16:15 -0700 (MST)

Fan,

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:50 AM, Fan Hongtao [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to write some words with music notes. I can write single note, but don't know how to join them.

\version "2.18.2"

{
  \clef bass
  c8[ c]
}

\markup {
  % How to join the following two notes?
  \note-by-number #3 #0 #UP
  \note-by-number #3 #0 #UP
}

If you are trying to beam the two notes together, I wouldn't encourage creating the notes like that (since you'll have to do a lot of manual positioning). Instead, there's the very handy \markup { \score { ... } } syntax that takes care of all the music formatting! Here's a snippet about advanced metronome marks that shows lots of different examples of how to effectively use this kind of syntax to get what you want: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=204

HTH,
Abraham