Re: hoot run convert-ly on OSX 11011

From: Floris van Manen
Subject: Re: hoot run convert-ly on OSX 11011
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:56:29 +0100

> I don’t know what the significance of 11011 in your subject line is.

typo, should OSX 10.11

> Anyway, your installation should be able to cope with python2 and
> python 3 alongside each other. python2 is still the basis for a lot of
> unix infrastructure so that, for example, in Debian python2 is
> priority standard (an expected part of any linux system) and python3
> is priority optional (pulled in by packages that require it and that
> you’ve ask for later in your installation process).

i’m familiar with python and its differences between 2 and 3.

The thing is that
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
does run.

and
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/convert-ly
will NOT run

Is there any activity in upgrading the python code to version 3 as yet?

.F