Globally change organ pedal articulations

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: Globally change organ pedal articulations
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:02:52 -0500

I would like to change the default organ pedal articulations to those that my teachers customarily use. I found some threads in the mail archive about this issue, but the articles did not describe the specifics of how to make the change globally.

I would like to change the following:

\ltoe = ^ (wedge symbol) that appears below the staff (instead of the inverted wedge)

\lheel  = horseshoe symbol (upside down u) that appears below the staff (instead of the inverted horseshoe)

Is there someone who is willing to tell me how to make this change?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe Srednicki