Re: Exited with return code -1073741819.

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819.
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 02:00:00 -0800

On 2016-02-25 16:23, MING TSANG wrote:
I transcribe a score SA-TB + piano contains 118 measures. I enter the
last measure and I got the error message.
If I comment out measure #118, the compile went OK. I double check
measure 118 and there is no code error. What is the error message
"Exited with return code -1073741819." mean ? What to do to resolve. I
am running frescobaldi -lilypond in window 10.

In the past I remember encountering a very strange bug where LilyPond would segfault on a file for no apparent reason. If I changed any note, the error went away, and reverting would restore the segfault. There wasn't anything extraordinary about the file either: it was just a page of conventional music notation. Fortunately it only happened with a very particular unfinished engraving, so I just went on with music entry and it never happened again. Maybe you're encountering the same bug.

Whatever the case is, I don't think we can do much to help you without any code.

Nathan