Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Long words in lyrics and spacing
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 22:49:14 -0600

On Sun 28 Feb 2016 at 13:11:44 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Experimenting further, adding this in the layout section seems to work:
>
>     \context{
>       \Lyrics
>       \consists Bar_engraver
>     }
>
> Could sombody explain what this is actually doing?

You can read my Postponed emails!?

"But sometimes I find the examples a little confusing. For example,
Learning 2.19.36 A3.3.3 on p161 shows how to put lyrics into a piano
staff. But why does it add \consists "Bar_engraver" to the Lyrics
context? I can't see any difference in the score when I remove
this line."

So it's documented but not explained. Here's my example where it
appears to make no difference. Do you have an example where it does?

Cheers,
David.