line break anywhere-but-not-here ?

From: Graham King
Subject: line break anywhere-but-not-here ?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 12:06:01 +0000

The sensitivity to changes of the minimal example, below,  suggests that lilypond is already trying to avoid this ugly line-break, but in my real-life case I'm afraid I need to force her hand.  Is there any way to tell her: "put line breaks wherever you wish, but _not here_" ?

The Notation Reference (section 4.3.1) says that breaks are suppressed "if the previous measure ends in the middle of a note" so I've tried putting hidden notes in parallel, which sort-of-works but leads me down a rabbit-hole into a nightmarish world of compensatory kludges.

Here's the problem:

\version "2.19.35"

\relative c'' {
  \repeat unfold 10 { c1 }
  c2\fermata r4 \breathe \tempo "Tempo Primo" r4 |
  \repeat unfold 14 { c1 }