Re: TextSpanner left-bound-info

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: TextSpanner left-bound-info
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:13:09 -0000

Andrew Bernard wrote Monday, February 29, 2016 4:35 AM

> In the NR, the following entry is given on the TextSpanner page:
>
> left-bound-info (list):
>
>    ly:line-spanner::calc-left-bound-info
>
>    An alist of properties for determining attachments of spanners to edges.
>
> Similarly for right-bound-info.
>
> Where does one find out what the alist actually is, and an explanation of the
> items it contains?

left-bound-info is set to ly:line-spanner::calc-left-bound-info, which is a
routine called to build a list and return it.  Similarly for right-bound-info.
So the list is not static.  I'm a little out of my depth here, but I think the
starting point is the bound-details list, which is listed in the IR,
subsequently
modified when the score is being laid out on the page depending on where
the line breaks occur.

So to modify the values you should modify bound-details.

(I'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong, or maybe provide more
information.)

Trevor