Text spanner end note

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Text spanner end note
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:05:11 +1100

I am writing a custom text spanner in Scheme with my own stencil, to have markup text on each end centred, precisely in relation to the centre of the note column that the text spanner starts and ends on. In Scheme, I am able to get the parent of the text spanner grob and compute the position of the centre of the note column for the first note, the start of the text spanner. I do not know how to find out the note column properties of the last note that the spanner encompasses. How can this be done?

It’s hard to post a code example, since I have no idea how to approach this, sorry.

Andrew