Re: OT: pagenumber

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: OT: pagenumber
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 22:53:29 +0100

I know that thing with "read carefully" and RTFM very well and read a lot of programming manuals as I was active working in that field - as I was active ...

You refer to the section
" ...
Note the occurrence of hash signs, (#), in two different places – as part of the Boolean value before the t or f, and before value in the \set statement. So when a Boolean is being entered you need to code two hash signs, e.g., ##t.
.."

But please do not forget that the manual is not addressed to programmers in first place but simple minded users like me. As a simple minded user I am only just interested how to get it work! At least I would recommend to move that section above from "appendix" to "prefix". That would ease the use of the manual. By practical experience I know that no one really reads a manual (or even a section of a manual) from beginning to end.

A much better solution might be (just as a question/recommendation) not to strain a simple minded user like me
with such subtleties. KISS: there must be set two hash signs.