Re: Best support programs for Lilypond

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Best support programs for Lilypond
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:37:20 +0100

Hi Stan,

*Frescobaldi* etc. have been mentioned. It helps a lot and snippets can
ease the workflow.

When I find midi files, I often (60% of the cases) do this to save me
from entering all music again: *midi2ly* + a lot of search&replace for
durations etc. + serious rewriting of anything that is beyond the
content of one voice. For the other 40% it is faster to enter it by hand.

On a meta-level, it might be interesting to use a version control system
for the ly input files:
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/01/why-use-version-control-for-engraving-scores/
http://lilypondblog.org/2013/09/write-lilypond-code-for-version-control/
This is perhaps not about speed but reliability and control.

Cheers,
Joram