Extended Helmholtz-Ellis JI PItch Notationn

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Extended Helmholtz-Ellis JI PItch Notationn
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:20:37 +0000

I now have my Lilypond JI code working with the Extended Helmholtz-Ellis Pitch Notation. This is something I've been putting off for some time because it means the function that determines the original accidental has to know the original ratio that it refers to. After the more recent discussion here, I decided to use a global list to keep lookups of alterations to ratios, and all is well so long as you don't transpose anything.

You can get the code from the git repository:

https://bitbucket.org/x31eq/microlily

I have a "don't care" attitude to licensing, which is made explicit in the README. So, if you want to copy any ideas for your code for other JI notations, feel free. The same input code should work for different notation systems, as it currently does for different kinds of Sagittal and the new Helmholtz-Ellis.

                   Graham