Re: Use jazz fonts in LilyPond?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Use jazz fonts in LilyPond?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 00:19:00 +0100

There is a difference between *notation* and *text* fonts.

Notation fonts are used for, well, notation, that is note heads, clefs,
articulations etc. (However, there are things like e.g. stems or beams
that are not glyhps from fonts but that are drawn directly by LilyPond).
The notation font also includes *some* textual elements, namely numbers
(for time signatures, fingerings or figured bass) and dynamic letters.
The notation font uses an internal mapping that is specific to LilyPond,
so you can only use a number of notation fonts that are specifically
designed for use with LilyPond (there are some exceptions but I wouldn't
mention them now).

Textual elements are printed using standard text fonts. And if you have
a font that provides complete chord symbols as text characters you can
use them as text elements with \markup.
You will find the relevant information below
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/text

HTH
Urs