Re: scale durations

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: scale durations
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:45:19 -0500

Hi Craig,

> I'm struggling with a piece of polymetric notation. I have a piece in 9/8 but
> halfway through some staves need to change to 3/4.
> I have this:
>  \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(3 . 4)
>  \scaleDurations #'(3 . 2)
> but I can't figure out what fraction it needs to make it work.

The one you’re already using seems to work, if the output of the following is
what you want:

\version "2.19.35"
\language "english"

threefour = {
  \time 9/8
  \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(3 . 4)
  \scaleDurations #'(3 . 2) {
    c''4 4 4   |
    c''4 4 4   |

nineeight = {
  \time 9/8
  c''8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8   |
  c''8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8   |
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \threefour
    \new Staff \nineeight

}

If that’s not what you want, let me know and I’ll try to help again.

Best,
Kieren.

p.s. When offering help, I’m always happy to create working examples that
compile. But many others on the list aren’t, so to increase your chances of
getting a response, you might consider always including a full working example
which compiles.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden