Re: Help with fonts from a blind user

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Help with fonts from a blind user
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:53:39 -0700 (MST)

Daniel,

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how and where to install these font files.

1. Right- [or control-] click on your Lilypond application file/icon, and from the contextual menu choose “Show Package Contents”.

2. Navigate down to the Contents > Resources > share > Lilypond > current > fonts directory.

3. There you will find otf and svg folders; copy the fonts that you received into the appropriate folder.

Kieren has told you correctly, but here are some additional instructions that should help clarify things. Firstly, the lilyjazz-text.otf and lilyjazz-chord.otf fonts should go in the normal system font folder. All the other files (e.g., lilyjazz-11.otf, etc.) should go in the folders Kieren indicated. The files with the OTF extension go in the otf folder and the files with the SVG and WOFF extensions go in the svg folder. Those are the places that LilyPond expects to find everything.

Also, you'll need to manually tell LilyPond to "include" the folder that has the lilyjazz.ily and jazzchords.ily stylesheets if they aren't in the score's working directory, which will most likely be the case.

HTH,
Abraham