Re: Piece/instrument names choice

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Re: Piece/instrument names choice
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:51:57 +0100

Hello Kieren,

Thanks, I was missing such ideas!

One last question: in the following, is there a way to force « CONCERTO » to
show up before the beginning of the staff, as Staff.instrumentName would?

Playing with X-offset as in:

    c''1
    -\tweak self-alignment-X #-4
    -\markup {\fontsize #1 \bold "CONCERTO"}

moves the note and markup horizontally, but not to the left of the beginning of
the staff.

Thanks for your help!

JM