Re: Inline images, was Re: Variable slur thickness

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Inline images, was Re: Variable slur thickness
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:34:34 -0700 (MST)

Pat,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Cynthia Karl [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 06:04:57 -0700 (MST) tisimst <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> HTH,
> Abraham
>
> P.S. Some of the power users on this list filter inline images, so if you
> wouldn't mind making the image an attachment next time, I know they'll
> appreciate it. :-)

Why on earth would anyone filter inline images?  They are extremely convenient.  They’re right there in the email, one doesn’t have to change context to a browser and interrupt the flow of reading the message.

On the other hand, for me who gets the lilypond-user messages in the Digest form, attachments suck big time.  For example, below after the "-------- next part ————“ line is a link to such an attachment (I think).  When I click on that link, the result is:

> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /archive/html/lilypond-user/attachments/20160310/4addc8f3/attachment.html was not found on this server.

That’s not very convenient at all.  Am I the only one with this problem?  What’s the solution?

Maybe it would be nice if inline images were also added as attachments?

Frankly, you won't get any argument from me about having in-line images, I just know that some other regular list followers have mentioned this in the past. Perhaps doing both is how to satisfy both worlds, like you said?

Best,
Abraham