Re: creating chords like F/A(D/F#) with \chordmode { }

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: creating chords like F/A(D/F#) with \chordmode { }
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:01:46 -0600

On Mar 12, 2016, at 8:25 AM, Eby Mani <address@hidden> wrote:

> How do i create chords like - B flat(G) or F/A(D/F#) with \chordmode { } ?.

It would help if you would explain what you are trying to do a bit more fully.
What is the chord "B flat(G)"?  Or "F/A(D/F#)"?  If I saw that on a lead sheet
I would not know what to do because they don't make sense.  So my guess is that
I don't understand something -probably quite simple- about your intent and thus
don't know how to give you advice about using chordmode, which uses a
standardized chord nomenclature and would not produce chord names that look
like that.

If you could point to an existing example out on the web that looks like what
you want, it would be really easy to see what it is and figure out how to
achieve this with Lilypond.