Re: Set beam subdivision to #t by default

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Set beam subdivision to #t by default
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:23:49 +0100

Am 15.03.2016 um 10:08 schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

at least mentally I'm starting to get back to the beaming pattern code.

I would like to ask for your opinion on the matter of switching beam
subdivisions on or off by default.

I would strongly suggest to switch the default setting so that
subdivideBeams is set to #t by default. I know that will affect existing
scores, but the more I think of it the more I think this should be the
default behaviour (after all, it's simple to switch it off).
Something like

just does not look sensible.

Well, I must say something like

{
  \time 4/8
%  \set subdivideBeams = ##t
  \repeat unfold 16 c'32
}

just does not look sensible, in 4/8 even more than in 2/4 time.