Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI

From: David Landt
Subject: Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:04:34 -0700 (MST)

Hello Simon.

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
>> That makes so much more sense now! No wonder nobody else experienced
>> the problem you described since no ChordNames were included in your
>> original file.

Initially, I was trying to follow the forum etiquette by only including what
is pertinent; however, since I am new, I thought that ChordNames strictly
meant a display of names and had no bearing on sound, which I come to find
out is not the case.    I am learning much.

The line of code you provided helps with removing unwanted instrument sounds
without the need to toggle the synthesizer's mixer panel.

Is there any information available regarding the terminology and anatomy of
the actual LilyPond language?  Something like information for learning and
understanding the actual source code and all its components?

-----
David Landt