openlilylib.org programming

From: Urs Liska
Subject: openlilylib.org programming
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:26:33 +0100

Hi all,

after much too long I've finally started taking care of the miserable state of openlilylib.org again. The website that is currently online is incredibly outdated, not only aesthetically and technically but especially conceptually.

Recently I had already asked around, and thanks to the support from and discussion with Kevin Barry I've made some progress already: there's a navigational structure with a number of user stories, and a working stub of a site. But now's the time to ask again if anyone is ready to join us bringing the site through the goal line (well, in parts we still have to do an initial start ...).

The site will be developed using the MEAN stack, that is: page layout using Bootstrap, content management using Angular (as a single page app), with data provided through a Node.js server. While the majority of the content could equally be served as static files there will be a substantial part of interactivity in searching/browsing/reading the openLilyLib documentation (which still has to be figured out), so it seems appropriate to write the whole thing as an Angular app.

So, participation of people with knowledge and/or interest in one or more of:
  • Bootstrap
  • Angular
  • Node.js
  • Client-Server websites
  • openLilyLib
  • documentation generation

would be highly welcome!

I won't publicly share the URL to the stub but as a little appetizer I'm sharing the new "logo" lettering that I - finally - put together.

Best wishes
Urs