Re: difference of code construct

From: Benjamin Strecker
Subject: Re: difference of code construct
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:42:45 -0400

Ming,

I agree that the way you have your input file organized is a bit difficult to read, and (I would argue) pretty unorthodox.

I was a little curious about the difference in the output, but I'm afraid I can't offer a solution, only some observations after looking at it.

In my tinkering, it seemed to be associated with the time signature.  In the example below (and attached), I get the same behavior you do, where the second score has the left-hand part continuing past the apparent end of its voice(s).  Additionally, there is inconsistency about the beaming of the eighth notes between the two scores.  However, if I change the time signature to 4/4 (and change R2. to R1 in the right hand), both scores produce the same output.

Would anyone be able to elaborate if this is expected behavior?

\version "2.19.32"

right = \relative c' {
  \time 3/4
  R2.*6