Re: Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Adding acoustic guitar (steel) to MIDI
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 09:26:26 -0000

David, you wrote Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:53 PM

> I attempted to use the input statements some of you provided, but I couldn't
> suppress the default acoustic grand MIDI instrument that plays due to
> ChordName context.  Following the formatting example shown in the notation
> documentation  changing_defaults_in_one_specific_context_in_LilyPond.jpg
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n188660/changing_defaults_in_one_specific_context_in_LilyPond.jpg>
>
> , I still couldn't suppress the sound.  Please guide me by explaining what I
> should do to correct this.

Try \remove-ing Staff_performer from the ChordNames context.  There are two
ways.  Either add:

\midi {
    \context {
      \ChordNames
      \remove "Staff_performer"

or use

    \new ChordNames \with { \remove "Staff_performer" }

instead of

    \new ChordNames \with { midiInstrument = ##f}

Trevor