Re: Ask about the lyric of Lilypond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Ask about the lyric of Lilypond
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 19:26:53 +0100

On 19.03.2016 16:49, 15221328968 wrote:
I know that English and Chinese words can be displayed as lyric. So I guess that maybe there is some configuration files where I can let the lilypond find the ttf font made by myself. But I don't know how to do that.

There are different ways in LilyPond to adjust fonts. In your case, you might want something like:

%%%%%%%%%%
\score {
  <<
    { c c c c }
    \addlyrics { this is the text }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Lyrics
      \override LyricText.font-name = "EB Garamond"
%%%%%%%%%%

Just change "EB Garamond" to the name of the font you need; if it is installed on the system, Lily should find it.

Else you can change fonts globally by something like:

%%%%%%%
\paper {
  fonts = #(make-pango-font-tree
"EB Garamond" ; ‘roman’ or ‘serif’ font, used by default for Lyrics
            "Alegreya Sans" ; ‘sans-serif’ font
            "Ubuntu Mono" ; ‘monospaced’ font
            (/ (* staff-height pt) 2.5))
}