Re: mute percussion notation

From: Bernard
Subject: Re: mute percussion notation
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 19:36:26 +0100

On 21-03-16 18:56, Thomas Morley wrote:
On 21-03-16 17:43, Thomas Morley wrote:

Really?
I see different articulation-signs.
For me cgh  in deep link http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/ff/lily-6bb651bc.ly
[image
      of music]

And cghm in in deep link http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/80/lily-6aae8ef4.ly

[image
      of music]
Both found in http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/percussion-notes
For me they look equal.

Maybe it would be easier you show us (with an image), what you want to achieve.
I am new with Lilypond. With Djembé there are a huge number self invented music notations, for each Djembé teacher possible a new one. Often inconsistent with itself and incomplete.
To learn Djembé this is a disaster. So I would like to stay as close to the official percussion notation as possible. And keep it, at the same time, notation as simple as possible. People learning Djembé get scared if they see music notation.
All those drumstaff-"pitches" are highly customizeable.

Cheers,
  Harm