Re: Dynamics placement

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Dynamics placement
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:56:48 +0100

Hello Graham,

please give an actual code example, as small as possible, to start with.

Best, Simon

On 22.03.2016 23:41, Graham King wrote:
I've adopted Simon Albrecht's excellent suggestion in an earlier thread [1], and am now using code based on snippet 739 [2] to typeset some long dynamic markings. This has solved a host of layout problems; however, it has introduced this nasty spacing issue:

    r2 r8 bes8(\mfdolce a bes) | g'4-.( f-.)

where \mfdolce is the result of snippet 739's make-dynamic-script.

Since the dynamic applies to the phrase rather than just the first note, is there a way to prevent it pushing the second note to the right? I would like it to overlap the second (and, if necessary, subsequent) note(s) of this phrase. I've looked at section 4.4.3 of the Learning Manual [3] and things don't appear promising.

Notes:
[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-03/msg00556.html
[2] http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=739
[3] http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/outside_002dstaff-objects