Re: Dynamics placement

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: Dynamics placement
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:21:59 +0000

(bug-lilypond: a regression with note-spacing in proximity to dynamic text.)

On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 11:38 +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:

a minimal example would have been:

\version "2.19.38"

music = { g'8(\ppppp f'!) s2. }
\new StaffGroup \new Staff \music
Wow.  To get to that, I think I would have needed to know the cause of the problem already.

The code from the lsr-snippet has nothing to do with it.

Below a little longer commented example.

Clearly a bug, please report.
Copied to bug-lilypond.

%% Following note is moved away by DynamicText
%%
%% Bad behaviour goes away if the second note has no Accidental
%% or \voiceTwo is used
%% or if \new StaffGroup is deleted or replaced by \new ChoirStaff
%% \new GrandStaff does not work as well, though
%%
%% Worked fine with "2.18.2"

\version "2.19.38"

music = {
    %% bad:
    g'8(\ppppp f'!) s2.
    %% good:
    %\voiceTwo
    %g'8(\ppppp f'!) s2.
}

\new StaffGroup
  \new Staff \music

%% Not required to trigger bad behaviour
%% Better visible, though
\layout { \override DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT }

Cheers,

  Harm