Re: Dynamics placement

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Dynamics placement
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:59:09 +0100

> (bug-lilypond: a regression with note-spacing in proximity to dynamic
> text.)
>
> On Wed, 2016-03-23 at 11:38 +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
>

>> a minimal example would have been:
>>
>> \version "2.19.38"
>>
>> music = { g'8(\ppppp f'!) s2. }
>> \new StaffGroup \new Staff \music
>
> Wow.  To get to that, I think I would have needed to know the cause of
> the problem already.

Nope.
I simply commented code-fragments and tried out several things.
But yes, creating minimal examples _is_ difficult sometimes and takes
some time and effort.
But if you finally managed to spot a bug, you didn't waste the time of
a developer, who already may have started to research the bug-cause or
even fixing it.

Btw, better to write a new mail to the bug-list, instead of just cc-ing them.
It makes life a little bit easier for our bug-squad-members.

Cheers,
  Harm