Re: mute percussion notation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: mute percussion notation
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:05:24 +0100

> But is there a way to make the voice more consistent, by adding the mute in
> the definition?
>
> so I could call :
> one = \drummode {  dslap dslapmute   }
>
> instead of :
> one = \drummode {  dslap dslapmute^\mute   }
>
> And if I could add abbreviation in the definition like dslapmute as dsm,
> equal to bassdrum and bd, I would be more then happy.

Hi Bernard,

you should read the relevant section of the NR and the posts of this
thread again and think about it.
Then redo it.
Maybe once more.
It's all said or linked already.

Nevertheles:

#(define djembe '(
         (dslap            default   #f           2)
         (dslapmute        default   "stopped"    2)))

drumPitchNames.dslap      = #'dslap
drumPitchNames.dslapmute  = #'dslapmute
drumPitchNames.dsm  = #'dslapmute

one = \drummode {  dslap dsm   }

\new DrumStaff
  \with {
      \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #3
     }
   <<
  \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table djembe)

  \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \one }

-Harm