Re: mute percussion notation

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: mute percussion notation
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:20:05 -0400

When one remaps note names like that, is it also possible to map midi
notes to those names?

Could there be sort of a assignment somewhere between the note (e.g.
dsm or dslapmute) and the midi note (e.g. note 62 on channel 10)?

I did not find documentation on the subject.

Last week I transcribed Anderson's "The Typewriter" so this thread is
relevant to me.

Here is my MWE :

http://lilybin.com/yo9s8b/2

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  title = \markup {\smallCaps "The Data Typewriter"}
  composer = \markup {\smallCaps "LaJoy Randallson"}
}

#(define typewriter '((key default #f  0)
                      (cr default #f -2)
                      (bell default #f 2)))

drumPitchNames.key = #'key
drumPitchNames.cr = #'cr
drumPitchNames.bell = #'bell

% The "key" note should use the midi note 70 or Maracas
% The "carriage return: note should use the midi note 74 or Long Guiro
% The "bell" note should use the midi note 81 or Open Triangle

percussionI = \drummode {

  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-positions = #'(0)
  \override Staff.BarLine.bar-extent = #'(-2 . 2)
  \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table typewriter)

  key8\f^"Typewriter key click" key key key key key key key |
  key key key key key4 key8 key |
  key key key key key key key key |
  bell4\laissezVibrer^"Bell" r cr->_"Carriage return" r |
}

percussionIPart =
\new DrumStaff {
  \new DrumVoice {