Re: Grab a constant from the OS?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Grab a constant from the OS?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:14:40 +1100

Hi Stan,

If you have not worked with Scheme, this may be a fine point, but the system identification function that Thomas showed comes from Guile, the Scheme implementation used by lilypond. So you won’t find pure Scheme tutorials on this function.

Here’s the Guile reference page:

For learning Scheme, there is a light tutorial which is good: Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days

As for other ‘external’ variables, you may perhaps want to get environment variables or runtime information, and there are ways to do that also:

Andrew