Re: lilypond fonts

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: lilypond fonts
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 07:13:53 -0600

Martin,

On Saturday, March 26, 2016, Martin Neubauer <address@hidden> wrote:
Unfortunately my enthusiasm for these new possibilities got dampened somewhat by the current absence of the distribution site for these fonts (fonts.openlilylib.org, of course.) This made me wonder, are there any news regarding when the website will be online again? (I'm aware that there is some larger restructuring being done, so I fully understand that it's taking time. But I'm still curious...)

Well, you're not the only one who has been asking about this recently. I don't have a firm launch date, but please be assured that I'm  working as fast as I can on the new website (which is pretty much done) and in updating the fonts themselves (still have some work to do here). I recently ran into a frustrating problem with building the fonts that I'm working through now. This, unfortunately,  has also contributed to the delay of my launch.

Unfortunately, this task has been more than just transferring files from one server to another. Some fonts are becoming commercial, so there have been a lot of decisions to make as well.

Sorry for the delay. I am grateful for everyone's patience and understanding. I hope to have better news than this for everyone soon!

Best,
Abraham

P.S. I may consider re-posting download links to the fonts that won't be going commercial. Give me some time to think about that.

P.P.S. Which font(s) were you looking for, anyway?