Re: Orientation of notes in chords

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: Re: Orientation of notes in chords
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:19:36 -0400

Hi Andrew

as I said it was a long time ago. bit i just played with it a few seconds. to see if I could remember. first take the following code

top = \relative c' {

e,16

\displaceHeads #'(-.8 1 0)

\adjustStem #'(2 . -2)

<c'' bes> g,

\displaceHeads #'(-.05 .8 0)

\adjustStem #'(1.5 . -2)

<c' bes> d, <c' bes> c, <c' bes>

}

bot = \relative c'' {

e,,8 [g] d' c

}

\score {

<<\top\\\bot>>

}

notice each adjustment needs different calculation \displaceHeads #'(-.8 1 0) ie. no longer worked the second time. That to me is more as you said "inelegant and complicated". second where did my flags go?

again when I asked the question a year ago I was already done the score. And I am sure there is a solution (there always is). I just couldn't be bothered.

As for the the "complexity of using voices"... well I don't find it that complex. I find in guitar music I have to use them often.

HTH

Stephen