Re: How can I create from my custom drum note to a pitch? (for fransposi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How can I create from my custom drum note to a pitch? (for fransposing)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 07:55:12 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> P.S.
> The most difficult part for me was how to tell LilyPond to use the new
> pitches.
> There's a hint in performer-init.ly, but:
>
> git grep "midiDrumPitches"
> ly/drumpitch-init.ly:midiDrumPitches =
> ly/performer-init.ly:  drumPitchTable = #(alist->hash-table midiDrumPitches)
>
> is not what I'd called "well documented"

There is user documentation and programmer documentation.  We are
missing either here.  At the moment, these variables have to be
considered internal constants though exported to user space: were they
considered user-accessible parameters, they would need to be defined
using define-session-public.

So there are several things to be done to make them properly
user-accessible.

--
David Kastrup