Re: 4 slashes in percent repeat

From: Daniel E. Moctezuma
Subject: Re: 4 slashes in percent repeat
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 14:07:12 +0900

Thanks for your reply.

The samples from http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=954 look nice for solo
pieces, but my use case is for multiple instruments.
Imagine a rock band where the bass has 4 bars that will be repeated, but the
rest of the instruments don't have repetitive bars. I've have seen this usage
in rock songs for instance.

I understand the issue of having 2 empty bars and it seems like having a number
above the percent repeat helps.
Example: https://musescore.org/sites/musescore.org/files/finale%20four-bar.jpg

I've found a workaround for this here:
https://music.stackexchange.com/questions/11084/multi-measure-percent-repeats-in-lilypond

it uses a simple ./. symbol but can be changed to a .//. by changing:
'PercentEvent   to   'DoublePercentEvent

still, 4 slashes would be nice.

the default lilypond output was having the percent repeat symbol at the
beginning of the 4 bar set and the remaining bars empty.

is there a standardized approach for a 4 bar set repeat? (for a multi
instrument piece)

Best regards