Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:58:22 -0400

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 6:46 AM, Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I have attached some more real live code using /with and and example I tried
> to skip the /with section and assign properties directly, which fails.

Here’s how to fix your example (without \with) that was not working:

\score {
  \new DrumStaff {
    \override DrumStaff.StaffSymbol.line-count =  #3
    \set DrumStaff.instrumentName = #"Djembe 2"
    \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table djembe)
    \djEen

As others have mentioned, reading the Learning Manual is a good idea, and
should answer many of your questions.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/index.html

HTH,
-Paul