Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 15:42:05 -0400

Hi Bernard,

I’m sorry you’ve had such difficulty learning Lilypond.

On Apr 4, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
> My ultimate question boils down to how to assign a value to a property. That
> should not even be a question.

The main problem you’re having, I think, is that there are different ways of
setting a property, depending on exactly where the setting is being done. With
flexibility comes complexity, unfortunately — that’s an almost universal
tradeoff in machine design.

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer