Re: Scheme function to force any noteEvent to a skipEvent

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Scheme function to force any noteEvent to a skipEvent
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 23:16:07 -0500

On Mon 04 Apr 2016 at 17:47:03 (+0000), Joseph Chrestien wrote:
> Thanks David and Simon for your kind help. I used David's solution and it
> works brilliantly. Very nice. I didn't know of this NullVoice context, I'll
> take a look at it.

My view would be to use David's solution where you have a preexisting
part already coded, but to use Simon's where you're writing a score
from scratch. It clarifies the structure of the score, and the
"aux" part is likely to be much less bulky to include in each and
every midi score than, say, a silenced florid soprano part.

I don't know if you write homophonic music with shared words (like in
a US-style hymn book) but NullVoice is almost unavoidable for setting
lyrics unless the rhythms are identical in every voice.

Cheers,
David.